Raja Ampat Sorong - Misool 2.-17.2.2016
Raja Ampat on a budget!
Join a trip to the amazing Misool area
co-organized with Wärtsila Diving Club
in February 2016
Spend 10 days around Misool, the best location in Raja Ampat: 2,500 islands and reefs, 1,320 fish species, 550 coral species and all that is yet to be discovered! It can not be understated – there is nothing like this in the world, there is no denser population of marine life, nor longer living reefs. All that – plus some of the best food around, fun staff and an ethically operated dive boat in the region – you can’t go wrong.
The trip will be for 10 days and 9 nights and will have approximately 25 dives as well as land excursions planned as part of the adventure. The schedule below is an example and is subject to change based on weather conditions and other eventualities. However, the boat is privately chartered, so we will be able to decide the final itinerary with a great deal of freedom. The 10 day trip is planned to take us to the outer reaches of the Raja Ampat area, exploring both famous and lesser-known dive sites.
- We will meet at 12pm in the hotel in Sorong, West Papua. We will then go to the pier in Sorong where we will board the fast ferry to Waisai, the capital of Waigeo, one of the Four Kings that give Raja Ampat its name. Arrival in Waisai should be around 4.30pm where we will be transferred directly to the Jaya, our home for the next 9 nights. After settling into your cabin we will set up our equipment and familiarise with the boat and safety procedures before dinner. Meanwhile the Jaya will be travelling overnight to Pulau Misool.
- Wake up in the stunning Misool area of beautiful Raja Ampat. For our first days diving there will probably be 3 dives and a trip to the beach.
- Four more dives, 3 by day and 1 by nights as the Jaya continues to explore the Misool area.
- Three dives and a beach visit.
- Four dives, 3 by day and another night dive.
- An easier day today but no less exciting as we do 2 dives in the morning then spend the afternoon snorkeling around Misool’s magnificent Tomolol cave, an epic limestone cave formation before the Jaya starts to sail north again.
- Three dives in the eastern Dampier area, one morning, one afternoon and one night dive as we start to explore the centre of Raja Ampat while restocking the boat.
- Four more dives including a night dive.
- Three dives and a beach / village visit.
- Wake up early for a walk to see the Birds of Paradise on Gam Island. After returning to the boat slowly cruise back to Waisai. Disembark in Waisai at 12pm for transfer to our hotel in Sorong.
- Liveaboard S/Y Jaya for 10 days / 9 nights
- Food, water, tea, coffee
- Tanks, weights, torches on night dive
- Captain, engineer, deckhand, cook, assistant cook, trip leader and 3-4 dive guides
- Ferry tickets to and from Waisai
- English-speaking Sukelluskeskus diving instructor & guide
Price doesn't include:
- Flights to and from Sorong
- Hotel in Sorong (if needed)
- Beers / soft drinks
- Dive equipment
- Courses done on the boat
- Park fees (about 100 USD)
- Visa fees
Price of the trip without flights:
Sorong is in West Papua, a remote region in Indonesia. It is recommended to arrive at least 1 day before the liveaboard departure to account for flights delays or missing luggage - especially if you plan to bring your own gear!
Helsinki - Singapore - Helsinki: 745 €
Singapore - Sorong - Singapore: 440 €
Hotels (Sorong - Singapore): 150 €
If needed, Sukelluskeskus can also book your flights as a complete trip package based on availability.
Our boat - S/Y Jaya
The whole boat is simple but comfortable. Designed for those wishing to experience the world as it should be...with good friends, great scenery and aboard a handmade wooden sailing ship! Phinisi Schooner's are famous across the world for their adaptability, fun sailing and endurance...She’s certainly a joy to stay on! Having been built in the shipyards of South Sulawesi, she has traveled some of the most exotic and diverse places in SE Asia, with more character then any fleet of steel ships - the Jaya is a rare and unique vessel.
Length/Beam : 23 meters/5.7 meters
Max. Guest : 14
Cabins : 5 Twin, 2 doubles
Bath rooms : 3 showers/toilets
Fresh Water : 8,000 Liter.
Generators : 220v.-24v.
Compressors : Bauer Mariner. 2 Sets
Engine : Mitsubishi 200hp
Oxygen First Aid system
Furuno Radar and GPS
4m Tender with 40hp Yamaha
Enquiries to email@example.com or by phone +358 45 130 0865. Book your trip using the form below.
Tampereen Sukelluskeskus Oy is registered tour operator (750/08/MjMv) by the Finnish Consumer Authority.
Service fee of 15 € per booking. Extra charge for payment with Visa, MasterCard and American Express +1,5%, Diners Club +3%.
Special Travel Terms and Conditions
General package travel terms and conditions >